E N G A G I N G, E N C O U R A G I N G & E N D O R S I N G
W O M E N I N P U B L I C O F F I C E
Saturday, January 25, 2014
8:30a-12p | $40
Bass, Berry & Sims
150 3rd Ave S #2800, Nashville, TN 37201
Registration COMING SOON!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BECOMING A CANDIDATE.
The Personal Side of Elected Office:
- I think I want to run for office. How will my life change as a candidate?
- What is an elected official's life like after she is in office?
- What would an elected official like to have known about her job prior to being elected?
The Process of Getting Elected:
- A how-to for your campaign: What are the practicalities about running a campaign? Who do I need?
- What is my role versus the role of others?
WIN conducts training for candidates, campaign managers, volunteers and potential candidates every two years. The training seminar is designed to educate individuals in various areas within the political process. Subject-matter experts and officeholders are part of the presentation team.
All individuals are welcome. Candidates are encouraged to bring their staff and volunteer teams. The next training session will be January 25, 2014.
Because women comprise 51% of the voting
population, but only 20% of office holders.
Tennessee General Assembly
Tennessee Registry of Election Finance
Tennessee Secretary of State / Division of Elections
Tennessee Economic Council on Women
Davidson County Election Commission
Tennessee ranks 40th in the US based on percentage of women in elected office. Additionally, women hold only 7.3% of the state's public company board seats.